SEO is short for search engine optimization. It is the process of improving the online visibility of any website through natural web search according to certain keywords. It creates the quality traffic on any website which leads to level up the ranking of website consequently company gets more customers. For instance, if you have an article for best café near you, you want your website to be on top while someone searches ‘best café near me’ or ‘best café’ and SEO is the process to make it possible. In this digital world, people mostly depend on search engines. They don’t read flyers or pamphlets or brochure to go through pages to pages to get the information. People like to simply search and hit the top 5 results if they find the website or title of their use.
Types of SEO;
SEO is divided into two categories;
- On-page SEO
- Off-page SEO
Both On-page and off-page SEO play their own very important role in the process of search engine optimization. So What is on-page SEO? And what is off-page SEO? On-page SEO majorly participate in search engine optimization and it totally depends on us how we create it. On the other hand, off-page SEO is not necessarily in our hand. But you need to do well in both because there are a lot of websites out there which are doing great in SEO. If two website; both have equally good on-page SEO but first one ignored off-page SEO, then the second one will have the upper hand and the second one will get the higher ranking than the first one.
This is part which is our hand and plays rather an important role in SEO than off-page SEO. On-page SEO has changed over time. Search engines have algorithms to figure out which is the best website according to our search and when people find out how the algorithms works, they tried shortcuts to get the traffic on their website which is called black hat SEO. When search engines find out that, it has changed its process of analyzing the database. Since then, On-page SEO has gained more importance. To nail the on-page SEO, you have a greater chance to optimize the search.
Parts of on-page SEO;
- Content- When people open any website and don’t find it interesting enough to read it, they will get back from the website ASAP. This is called ‘bounce’. Increasing bounce rate will cause your website level down. So the quality of content is essential as well as its authenticity. Copied sentences or contents will be caught by search engines algorithms easily.
- Keywords- It is the crucial part of on-page SEO. Google has gotten smarter by time. It will know what people mean. So don’t use creepy keywords. Quality keywords and using of keywords matter. Use your keywords throughout the sentence. Don’t just randomly put keywords into your text. That will do nothing good for your website.
- The alignment and perfection of the blog- If you have successfully attained above two categories in your blog, then the next thing you should remember is the ‘look’ of your website. Making the visitor read your blog is important. The search engine algorithms analyze the time spent on a particular And then it compares and decides which website to put above which website.
- Page speed- If you land on any website and it starts lagging, will you stay there? Well, No! No one would.
Off-page SEO is all other variables that search engine takes a look and optimizes on the basis of factors like links, social network etc. They are partly in our control.
Parts of off-page SEO;
These are as follows-
- Trust- Search engine knows a big brand so it ranks it on the top of all
- Authority- Google determines the authority of two things; Domain authority and page authority.
- Link building- Building links on your website will promote your page.
After learning about what is on-page SEO and what is off-page SEO, the last but not least thing that you’ll be needing in the process of SEO is patience. You’ll run out of patience, you’ll end up with black hat SEO.