Persons having their own websites, the one who is writing a blog, the one who is providing articles for any website, the one who is an owner of a business, all of them have one concern and that’s why they employ SEO professional.
Definition of SEO:-
SEO stands for search engine optimization. In this, a search engine will optimize the results and will present you the most suitable content. In layman’s term, it is the natural results shown by the search engine when you type anything into that. Why this is needed? Simply to generate more traffic into your content, thus get more audiences. So if you are running a website, or you are a blogger, you need to learn the techniques to raise the ranking in search engine. It is the most effective tool used in digital marketing and thus bringing more revenue to the company.
Top techniques for SEO:-
Time spends on website yields better ranking- If the owner and user spend considerable time on the site, then there are great chances that ranking of the page will be going to improve. By implementing following you can do this-
- Better formatting- It will make your page presentable one, readers only read the well-structured page. Apart from that, you can write in a short paragraph containing sub-headings, bullet points, facts, data, and linking the write-up with the contemporary events. This will catch the audience’s eye and will bring more new patrons.
- Utilize the power of images- Single picture presents more words than many write-ups can do. You can use information graphics, high-quality images to give value to your articles. Also, without any images, it becomes a run-of-the-mill task and attracts banality. So be creative and imaginative to express your ideas innovatively.
- Improve Bounce rate– bounce rate is defined as the sum total of the visitors who visit your websites but without any activity, they frequently left. So you have to decrease the bounce rate to make better How can you do this? By working on developing better UI (user interface), better ergonomics.
- Writing longer page- According to one of the studies conducted, it is seen that the page a having longer content rank upper than the page having lower one. So you can overhaul your existing page by increasing the content, this you can do by adding latest facts, news, anecdote etc.
For videos– If you are posting any video on a streaming platform, then you can add attracting title, carefully though description, filename, by using better thumbnails etc. As it is seen that streaming videos appear in the top 10 search results of a search engine, this act can boost your video ranking.
Enhancing website speed– It is apparently told by a search engine that the site with better speed will be given a better ranking. Also, site speed is important to increase as it will soar the interaction among the users better. So how you can do this-
- Compress images- It is an open secret that an image takes more time to load than text and if they are compressed, then page size will reduce by 30-40%, thus decreases its loading time.
- Apart from that, you can work on a content delivery server and browser caching to increase the response time.
Better keywords and building backlinks– There are various tools available on the internet to guide you to select the better keywords. As the more number of suitable keywords, your site has, the better ranking you get. Besides this building backlinks also catapult ranking of a page. According to one search engine, 99% of the top 50 results had at least one external link, this tells about the importance of the backlinks.
Well, these were few top techniques which can help you to raise the ranking of your platform and invite a number of patrons. The motive of this article is to mention only the most important one, as apart from this there are many factors behind increasing the ranking.